Critical Reflection

Since the start of this module, I did not have any expectations on this module as I thought that this is just one of those other side subjects to take like how it was back in my Polytechnic days. However, after weeks of attending this class, I realize how impactful and important this module is in teaching me ways on how to interact and build up my confidence in my language.

At the very beginning, I was a bad presenter and my writing skills is not as good as it needs to be in the real world. Whenever I have to present I will always lose my train of thought or I would get panic when I forgot my lines. Nevertheless, with the help of my friends and the guidance of Professor Brad, I learn to always keep calm, take a breather, and learn to pause at certain timing. Despite taking in all the advice and positive criticism, I feel like there are more rooms for me to improve on my communicating skills, be it in front of an audience or in front of the camera.

This module has also changed the way I think and solve a problem. At first, I did not think twice on what are the things I should or should not write in my writings/essays. Slowly into the lesson, I picked up a few tricks on how to score and beautify my writings with all the small details by asking myself questions on the idea that I am researching. This helps me to think critically and makes me realize how it can greatly impact my writings so that they would seem pleasing for the intended readers. From all the writings that I put in my report, I feel like I can improve further by asking opinions from my group members and how I can present my writings clearly and accurately. 


The main challenge that my group and I faced during our research project is implementing a new sensor/device and how does this device would work and improve in real-world situations. It took us a decent amount of time to sit down together and brainstorm different kinds of ideas for our device. At the end of the day, with all the different views of my groupmate, we came up with a solid foundation of what our device is and what it can do. This event made me realize how crucial it is to have help one another broaden our learning and thinking skills. As we progress, I realize that my team and I have a strong sense of teamwork, which I believe is the key factor that we should have in our group work. This makes me appreciate how we help each other in our work. For instance, after I finish my part of the report, they will read through and give comments on what are my mistakes or what to add to make my sentence structure better. Or whenever we practice for our presentations, they would give feedback on what to avoid or say during our actual presentation so as to make it necessary and simple for the audience to understand. All of their efforts have hugely impacted how I speak and write and made me recognize all my flaws and ways to further revamp myself as a person. All in all, I sincerely appreciate my groupmate’s effort and it will indeed follow me throughout the rest of my life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal email

SIE Effective Communication